Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hired!

I am now officially employed by Home Depot Canada. What I'll be doing, I don't really know. I was hired to work in paint but the store manager then asked where else I would be interested in working in case they decide to move me around the store.

I'm all excited to learn about paint though so I hope I at least get to be there for a while! I have 2 upstairs rooms and the entire downstairs needing painted. My deck need stained and I'm really wanting to know how to do it myself! Since the whole waiting for dh to help me figure it out has lasted three years already. :D I'm gonna do it myself!

Tonight I get to go shopping and spend money, on steel toe shoes (Oh joy! Note the sarcasm. lol) . The cash is already in my purse, in the envelope designated "clothing" there's also cash in the tithe and groceries envelope! :D Yep, it's true. We are finally getting to actually do a cash budget with cash. The bills are paid thanks to God's provision and we have what we need to cover the next two weeks. :D

I'm loving how cool God is. How well he knows me. I'm ashamed of my response to not getting the hotel job and how I didn't react in a godly manner. I was mad and I let it show. I knew God was in control but I still thought the hiring manager there made a mistake. (blushing) In truth God knew what I need, what our family needs and knew what would fill that need over and above what I wanted-cash, and gave us the possibility of added health coverage as well in a matter of months.

Now given, that's not a given! I need to work 20 hours a week for 3 months to qualify. Guess what my next prayer request is? :D

In other positive news we also actually have an Emergency Fund started! ***YAY!*** Can you hear me cheering over there? This is the first time in my life I have done this and I love how it feels.

So it's been a good week. This morning the girls and I gave back a bit by working with the other home schooling families and collecting food for the food bank. Then we came home and passed out more fliers about the food drive the girls are participating in at church. Tomorrow we'll drive around and collect the donations then take them to the church.

God is good, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment