Friday, August 6, 2010

Better Today

Last night it was as if the storm clouds moved on.  The darkness isn't hovering over my spirit now.  Just like after a storm is done it's a little cool, tentatively warming up to goodness.  I'm just so thankful the bleakness is gone.  The problems are the same, my attitude, my spirit is better.  Even knowing I'm walking into a weekend (work, not a fun thing).  Then a week at the cottages (more work, different kind).  And that I don't get to take the girls to the VBS I wanted to, nor do I get my mornings kid free next week to finish prepping for school.  It's ok.  I'd love it if God popped a surprise for me and *poof* it worked out to do the VBS afterall, but I'm ok with not.

Last night after work I wanted something sweet.  It was either going to be brownies or chocolate chip cookies.  Well, my middle girl had napped earlier in the day while reading her Bible.  Tim understood what I meant when I mentioned it and he went to her room and told her I needed her in the kitchen.  She and I baked cookies. She talked, I listened. 

Mommy brag.  My girls have the sweetest hearts.  They are so thoughtful of each other when one is getting a treat they are constantly thinking of their sisters.  So I wasn't surprised when she asked if she could go see if the oldest was up so she could come be with us.  This time I said no.  It was one on one time for the two of us.  She smiled and started talking. . .she didn't stop talking until she was in bed.  Wonder where she gets that? HA ha.

Oldest smelled the cookies baking and heard the talking.  The lure of the combination was too much, she had to come see what was going on.  So at 10 p.m. last night we had a picnic on my bed with warm chocolate chip cookies and cold glasses of milk. 

This afternoon a friend is coming to help us get started sewing the girls Pioneer dresses!! We picked out the fabric months ago.  It's washed, but I need to iron the fabric still.  I'm SO looking forward to it! :D  Oh, and I guess we should locate sharp scissors so we can cut the pattern out too.  This is going to be fun.  When they are done we will plan a trip to Blackcreek Pioneer Village.  This is the culmination of our last year study through A Pioneer Story by Barbara Greenwood. 

I just remembered that the Staples Teacher Appreciation days are coming up.  Silly as it is I'm looking forward to that.  We need a few packages of white paper, I love the goodie bag they give to teachers.  Even more, I love that they recognize Homeschool parents as Teachers! The 10% off is nice too, and the coupon book is fun.  The click dry erase marker they gave in the goodie bag last year is my favorite one. I went back and bought a 4 pack of black because I like it so much. 

I do believe I feel a little excited about starting the school year.  God is good.  So glad the sun is coming out in my soul, even if it is a rainy day here in Ontario today.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for having a picnic with your daughters last night. for being an amazing example of including your daughters in special moments. for showing that maybe the moments where it could feel like an intrusion is actually a gift given; a gift not only for you as a mama, but for your daughters as well.

    even if the easing of your pain, you have given such hope.

    love you sara.

    ReplyDelete