Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Where I've Been

The question wasn't asked but I'm going to answer it.  The last three weeks have been. Ugh. Just Ugh.  Mentally, physically and even emotionally, Ugh.  Nothing big and horrible happened.  Just life in general.  But it's in the past.

Tonight I'm looking forward to about two hours of time to myself.  I'm taking a book, a pad of paper and some magazines.  I'm bringing my ipod and am planning to sit at the coffee shop sipping on a tea or a coffee and just relax.  I have a Vision Collage to create.  What do I see for the future, what do I want? What are my goals?  What is important to me, really important?  What motivates me?  Those are questions I need to contemplate and try to answer.  It's been a week since I started thinking about them and I haven't got solid conclusions yet. 

On my journey to a healthy lifestyle I have rebelled, repented and now returned to the path I want to be on.  But that means for the last month I've plateaued.  NOT a fun place to be.  Those around me are dropping, they are succeeding, they are losing sizes and weight and inches.  I feel like I have, but I haven't.  Not in that last couple of weeks.  But I didn't give up.  Three months in and I have not quit.  Wow.  That in itself is remarkable and worth remembering.   I am succeeding.

I'm researching and learning about probiotics, nitrates, lactic acid, glycomes (sp), interval training, and much more.  I'm looking into how to run.  Considering doing the training for a 5k with my girls.  I've been busy. Just not blogging.

I am thankful that my marriage is strong.  My husband is fantastic and our relationship is very good.  I am blessed.  My children are healthy and our relationship is good also.  I love them all so much.  Giving them a healthy lifestyle is something I really want to do and the fact that it is important to me is coming to my attention.  It is not good for mom to eat healthy and kids to eat junk.  I'm also thankful that Tim not only recognizes my desire to move our lifestyle into a healthier one but supports it!  He even likes my homemade granola. 

Sparkpeople.com has been a blessing.  Friends, in real life and those I've never met in person supporting, encouraging and even at times holding accountable each other.  It's free. That is amazing.  I'm reading The Spark, Chris Downie's book, hence the vision collage.  It's good.  Really good.

 Now I need to go switch the laundry, call the girls in for supper and get ready for Awana.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment