Friday, January 7, 2011

I Love My Job

     I love being a mom.  It's what I always wanted to do more than be a teacher, or a nurse, or a writer. I wanted to be a mom.  I dreamed about it, played it with dolls even into age thirteen when most girls have outgrown that.  I lived it vicariously while babysitting some of the cutest kids ever.  However reality is even better than all of that. Yes, honesty makes me also say that it is harder and sometimes worse too, but I still love it. 

     Sometimes I ponder what my passion is, what gets me going more than any other topic, or thought? The one answer I keep finding is this, being a mom.  Homeschooling our girls ties into that since it is an enormous part of that in our life right now.  I would miss so much if my girls were at school all day.  I wouldn't get to listen to them learn to read.  I wouldn't be there to see their face light up when they figure out how to do the math problem that's been driving them crazy.  Someone else would get to smile and tell them, "good job!" when they worked hard and finished reading their first big book, or writing a short story.

     This is the one job that the worker is working themselves right out of a job every time.  My goal as a mom is to train my children to be adults who bring glory to God and contribute to the world in a positive way.  Hopefully someday they too will love being a mom.  The first nearly twelve years of being a mom have flown by and as I'm in the middle of my job I can see that there is an end to this job.  Today I will treasure doing exactly what I've always wanted to do, be the mom. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment