Friday, April 29, 2011

Mrs. Crankypants

Yep, that's me.  Could be a combo of too many late nights, caffeine and not enough fruits and veggies.  Could be hormonal.  Could be the moon.  Who knows! I do know it's ME.  I'm c-r-a-n-k-y! 

Like, send the children outside so mom doesn't snap their heads off, cranky. Like, don't ask me how my day is when you ate all the BBQ chips again, cranky.  Like, can't find what I want on the computer therefore the computer is stupid, cranky. Yep. The computer. 

Sick of feeling tired when I'm not sick enough to feel this way.  Sick of messes and stepping around or over things.  But I don't have the energy burst I need to clean it up. I just want it to GO AWAY!

Truthfully, I have absolutely no business being this irritable.  I had a lovely night out last night. I painted pottery and it was fun.  I got to spend time with a friend I haven't spent time with in way too long.  It was wonderful.  Today, my undies are in a bunch and apparently they aren't my big girl panties because I'm not sucking it up and being sweet. 

Lucky for those around me I recognize this fact and am doing my best to breathe through the waves of annoyance and exasperation.  But heaven help the child who makes a repetitive noise just for the noisemaking! 

I do believe I will put myself to bed early tonight. Perhaps I'll let the girls watch a movie downstairs where I can't hear them and therefore can't get cranky at them.  It's Friday and fun days are coming.  A little sleep, a little chocolate, and hopefully all will be well soon.  A prayer or two thrown in is a pretty good idea too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment