Monday, February 8, 2010

The Day Before Weigh In

Tomorrow marks the 4th Weigh in.  It will be the measure for 1/4 way through the BLAH challenge.  Just a little over since it's a 15 week challenge, actually.  They say it takes a month to make something a habit.  So I guess then that tomorrow exercising and choosing healthy food is a habit?  I hope so.  It's one I'd like to keep. 

I just tried on the green windbreaker pants I wore the last time the girls and I went cross country skiing.  Last time I was a mite cranky.  Every time I bent over or knelt down the snap popped and the velcro opened on the side.  Today Tim left me his black, fleece lined snowpants to wear because it's cold.  But I tried on the green ones anyway, just to see.  I snapped them easily.  I bent over, bent down, knelt down and twisted and couldn't get the snap to pop open.  YAY!! 

I think tomorrow I may have my oldest take a picture of me wearing what I wore for my before picture 4 weeks ago.  It would be neat to have the pictures to compare.  I'm hoping I will see a difference. 

Tim has been great.  He's such a sweetheart. This morning as we cuddled on the couch for a few minutes before he left for work he told me again that he is proud of me.  I appreciate him telling me that.  It really is pushing me to get up at 5:30 and eat then go to the gym.  I still feel tired but I think it's getting better.  I'm sleeping at night and falling alseep before 1, most of the time it's before 11! So those are good things.  Time with Tim in the morning while the girls are still sleeping is a sweet bonus too.  Although often they are up and that makes it a challenge instead of bonus time.

A sweet friend has offered to have my girls at her house for the day, so Tim and I will be heading to the Scandanavian Spa after Valentines day, for the day!  I wanted to take him there last year and I'm so excited to get to go this year!  And to have the entire day.  It will mean a short week for him, which isn't a bad thing either.  He could use an extra day or two of rest.  He works hard.  My friend, Nikki, lost her husband last week to complications from what started as the Flu.  It's really had me counting my blessings in Tim and thanking God for him. 

On another topic, I think tomorrow I might get to try Zumba!!  I've never done it but it looks like FUN!  It will be a bonus workout as I have every intention of going in the morning too.    Zumba is at night.  It's at the Y and included in the cost of membership so no added fee!  FUN!  If I go I will let you know how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment