Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Feel Pretty

I went to the salon and got my hair cut today.  Trimmed, actually because Tim likes it long and right now I'm enjoying how long it is too.  In fact it was classified as "Extra Long"! That's kinda neat. 

My friend Becky, is the best hairdresser I've ever had.  She only works Saturdays.  I work Saturdays.  So it was such a treat for me to be able to slip in and get my hair cut by her.  I only get it cut about twice a year and she is my preferred choice.  I've had it cut at other places, the $12 haircut places, and wow, I got what I paid for.  *ouch* I won't do that again.  I'm willing to pay the big bucks for her.  She does such a good job! 

Today Tim and I are going on a date. An all day date!  We leave at 2.  Becky washed, cut, and dried my hair. She used the big round brush to leave it in gentle curls at the ends.  I love it.  I feel so pretty with it freshly cut! 

Know what else I like?  Looking in the mirror and seeing me. Not the bloated, way too heavy, fat faced me, but the slimmer cheeks, not so puffy me.  It's like I'm deflating, but in a good way!  It's nice.  I like looking in the mirror and liking what I see. 

The scale may not be rocketing down the numbers but little by little I'm going to gain my healthy self back.  Little by little I'm going to like more and more of what I see in the mirror.  This time I am going to work hard to be thankful to God for where I am right now.  This time I am going to be happy with the changes and while I do look forward to getting smaller and smaller I hope and pray I have the maturity to deal with reality. 

That's it.  That's all for today.  I feel pretty, and I'm thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment